Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My top 10 revealing traits

I am a young, fun, and sometimes dangerously attention-loving but most of times deeply humble person. Now I know that last part sounds a bit strange, but believe me it's true. These are some, but not all, of Z's core definition. A marketer with a good insight would be able reach to these aspects after correctly analyzing my hint characteristics. To help you develop into that insightful young marketer with full of bright future ahead, I will sacrifice myself and do something that will make me feel very naked. I will list 10 traits of me that can guild you to my core values. OK, I'm ready to take off.

The Sunglasses
Let's first take a look at the sunglasses that I am wearing in my facebook profile picture. (http://www.facebook.com/RikQQQQ?ref=profile) It is aviator sunglasses that are popular these days. But what's special about this item is that it has a bright white frame that instantly catches people's eye. The style of the glasses can lead you to think that first, I am fashion-conscious. It also says that I want to be different from the group since they are unlike other aviators. And finally the striking appearance of sunglasses tell that I like the attention.

The Picture
Also the picture itself is self-revealing. I am holding a protest sign and the description of picture reads “Protested Iranian election for no passionate reason. Call me Riqqim” (my nickname is Rik QQ) This picture is the first thing that people will notice when they visit my website. In other words, this is how I want to introduce myself to my internet friends, suggesting what kind of person I am. Nothing offensive to my Iranian friends but I went protest out of utter curiosity. And I was the only one smiling in a very angry crowd. I stood out because I didn’t quiet look like Iranian, nor American in their sense.

Family
I am not gonna lie, I love to hang out with my mom. My dad is also a cool guy and we have four dogs in my family as well. These days when I go home for the weekend, I would stay at home all the time. It is not because my friends and I are not cool anymore. I just like my home more than ever now. So yeah, I go to mall with my mom all the time. Feel like it's back in the middle school.
My Odyssey
Bought in 2001 when our family migrated to America , I now drive this dark green van. Segmentation-wise, this will confuse marketers because they can’t put me into a young group who likes sports cars or fancy performance items, even though I am sensitive to the trends. Anyway, what's visually striking about this car is that the left side is extremely dented from a pig that basically ran into it and tackled my car as if he was in football field. Also, if you examine closer, it is composed of different greens, predominantly dark one mixed with oddly lighter one, because we used wrong green to paint the scratches from pig-attack. The final blow came in when the sound system broke down a few years ago. And I drove this car to go celebrate 3 year anniversary with my girlfriend.

Bo 'Ai Elementary
The school was built by an American in heart of mountain villages that is out of nowhere in China. I went there twice already to teach English. Condition-wise, it was terrible, especially for those girls who didn’t prepare for their periods and growing armpits. But I loved the every single seconds of the no-shower, no-meat, not-so-great-sleeping life I spent there. This is where I actually recevied oppotunity to experience how rewarding it could be to pass on something to other people. I am now organizing group to go back next summer.

EU
That is my goal. Bo Ai' was what stirred my passion of serving others and this is where I hope to be one day. It sounds strange for a marketing major, but I want to help people in third world country one day as a doctor. I always tell my friends that when I am too old and can’t work anymore, I will come back to U.S. , sit in the office and collect my $$$.

Homeless
That is what’s happening to me right now. Homeless with my cousin, sleeping at friends’ place. I get horrible sleep at nights and pray everyday that school doesn’t get any busier. Now why I go through this? It is because the good deals are opening up since the school started. People would normally pay $700 or so for their own rooms but now you can rent the entire apartment for that amount. So yes, I like good deals, and I can tolerate a lot for it. And, I would not tell this to my cousin because he would kill me, even though the living is a bit terrible, it is also an exciting experience to move around and live with different friends every 4 days.


Free samples
I am the kind of person who appreciates a good free sample. Not just a wimpy sample that lets you try only a whiff or a crumb of the goods but one that really lets you experience it. It is just so much fan trying different things at store like HEB. I do try to avoid the crowd and go during late night since it does not look very good to some people. I feel like it makes me more confident when buying something because I have tried it and know I will like it. Free trials, samples, and demos usually turn me into a loyal customer. My favorite free sample is honey-roasted peanut butter.

Shopping
I love shopping. I don’t think this makes me feminine or anything, I just happen to care about how I look and have great confidence in my style. I don’t understand how most guys I know are content to wear the same generic t-shirts and jeans everyday. I can relate more to the cultures in Asia or Europe where girls and guys are encouraged to be expressive with their fashion. To me, style is reflective of my identity and personality. When I shop, I always look for things that are unique. If everybody wears it, or it can be bought in any store, I usually reject it. It has to have a special design, interesting color, or some other quality that catches my eye.

Diet
I also love eating. However, I have to be careful when indulging because I have a family history of diabetes. This means I stay away from foods high in fat, sugar, sodium, and cholesterol. I also favor natural or organic foods, foods high in fiber, and lots of fruits and vegetables. The habit of eating healthy I developed has become almost obsessive these days because I look at nutritious values of everything that I put in my body and don’t touch anything that’s unhealthy. Believe me though, that this is actually a very good obsession. One thing everyone has noticed is that I eat grape fruit all the time.




So let’s take a look at my personal behaviors. I like things that are in 2 opposite spectrum of “trendiness”. At the one end, I like something that is not just trendy but also very unique even among the popular trend. On the other hand, I drive a van that can earn me prom king only if I drove it in 1950s and like to hang out with my mom. I think this tells that I like to be unique in my own and hate to be categorized into a group. To segmentate me would be a difficult task because I hate to be put into a group. Instead just I prefer the randomness of life so the best bet to appeal to me is to produce bunch of very unique items or ideas. Also I care for lives of others so if you are with organization with good cause, you will strongly attract me. On the other hand, I would never join a military to kill other people. Finally I just want to say that all I did in the blog was talk about me, me, me which made me feel like I am a rich stuck-up girl.

1 comment:

  1. Please run spell and grammer checks on the blog. Overall its a great start!

    ReplyDelete